Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:43:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this bsd.port.mk. - SOLVED

Hi John,

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000 jdp@polstra.com wrote:

> Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu> wrote:
>
> > My guess is you use CVSup to get the ports. CVSup will not remove
> > the old pkg/ and patches/ directory when they are empty.

> That is not correct. CVSup _will_ remove those directories if they are
> empty.

Well, it certainly missed some (but not all) of mine and apparently other
people's as well.  The problem ports on my system did have empty pkg and
patches directories.  Am I missing some key switch in invoking CVSup?  I
normally invoke it as:

	cvsup -g -h cvsup7.freebsd.org ports_supfile

with the following supfile for ports:

*default release=cvs
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
ports-all tag=.

I know with CVS you can use the -P switch to force removal of empty
directories, but couldn't find an equivalent switch in my perusal of the
cvsup man page.  If there is one I'd love to know, or why some of the
empty directories weren't removed when others were.

BTW, thanks for writing such a great tool as CVSup John - it's a great
boon to users and I appreciate using it very much.

Brett