Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 23:55:09 +0200
From:      "Lucky Vumazonke" <luckys@webmail.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network Adapter not in list

Hi all
I am trying to install FreeBsd for the first time(so u can imagine how
frustarted I am!)
All goes well until I get to the networking part(where I have to do my
network
configuration) You  go from Network to Interfaces where I have to
press the space
bar.The follwing message then appears:"Running multi-user, assume that
the network
is already configured?" (I have to choose a Yes or a No) . When I
choose No the
next screen that comes up contains a list of lp0, sl0, ppp0's but the
ep0 (which is the
one that should see my network adapter is not on the list) I am using
the 3Com
Ethernet 3C509. So basically I cannot see my network adapter. How can
I make
Freebsd to see the network card that I have put in?

Thanking you