Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2005 02:29:43 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <jaco@coocoo.za.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Intel SE7320VP2 board + Marvell 88E8050 nic.

The 88E8050 is a PCI Express nic, the Marvel chip that Dmitry listed
the 88E8001, is a regular PCI chip.  Here are the spec sheets on these:

http://www.marvell.com/products/pcconn/yukon/88E8050-001.pdf

http://www.marvell.com/products/pcconn/yukon/Yukon_88E8001_10_073103_fina
l.pdf

Other than that, they are both Marvel Yukon chips so it might be possible
that they are the same chips, just different pci busses that they
interface
to.

The SE7320VP2 motherboard uses the E7320 chipset (Lindenhurst)  Support
for the memory-mapped PCI Express configuration mechanism was added to
FreeBSD 5 in December 2004 for only the Grantsdale and Lindenhurst
chipsets.
You can see the complete comment for this here:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/pci/pci_cfgreg.c

This first showed up in the FreeBSD 5.4 release.

The first problem is that the sk0 driver most likely does not
have the pci chip ID in it for the onboard Marvel 88E8050.  It might be
possible to get this with pciconf and add it to the if_sk code in
usr/src/sys/pci to get the driver to attach.

If your really lucky then the sk driver will be able to set it up.
If your not as lucky then the driver might need to use the configuration
mechanism to setup the hardware, in which case you probably can
e-mail Scott Long for some patches.  If your really unlucky then
the 2 chipsets are way too different and you would need to write in
support to the sk device driver.

Do you have 5.4 running on this motherboard at the current time?

Ted