Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:31:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Luke <lh@aus.org>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, Baby Jane Hudson <root@drama.navinet.net>
Subject:   Re: 4.0-Current, netscape halts system

On 24-Jan-99 Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:
>> I've given up on Netscape.  On some FreeBSD-based machines
>> I have, it just core dumps... on others it works.  Nobody
>> seems to know (or care) why, so I would suggest following
>> the development of Gzilla and Amaya.
>>
>> Of course, it would be immensely helpful if we knew what
>> mysterious person within netscape provided the port to
>> begin with (Hey, now there's a great idea) so we might ask
>> some questions.  But, that's what you get for free...
>>

> If you are having a problem with Netscape for FreeBSD, then just try the
> Linux version.

        I was thinking of doing that, since FreeBSD can run BSDi,SCO, Linux etc
binaries, [I dont have Linux emulation installed (or even looked into)] which
one would be the best to try. It's become tiring since netscape forces hitting
the reset switch. I shouldnt be complaining :) I had 3.0-RELEASE and just had
to have that new number ..

---

E-Mail: Luke <lh@aus.org>
Sent by XFMail