Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:15:29 -0800
From:      Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
Cc:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>, FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Subject:   Re: Terrible NFS performance under 9.2-RELEASE?

That header file is for the VF driver :) which I don't believe is being
used in this case.
The driver is capable of handling 256K but its limited by the stack to 64K
(look in
ixgbe.h), so its not a few bytes off due to the vlan header.

The scatter size is not an arbitrary one, its due to hardware limitations
in Niantic
(82599).  Turning off TSO in the 10G environment is not practical, you will
have
trouble getting good performance.

Jack