Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 99 12:35:42 -0400
From:      Kiakas <stefanos@traveler.e-scape.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems compilling custom kernel in 3.1

Hello,

	I'm tring to compile a custom kernel for FreeBSD 3.1 but I keep
getting the following error. This is from memory, but I think I got it
right.

/var/tmp/ccuS4625.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp/ccuS4625.s:79: Fatal error: Symbol sysctl__debug already defined

	The above error occurs even if I copy the GENERIC config to a
new file with another name and I try to build the kernel. I installed
FreeBSD 3.1 from the 3.1 RELEASE CDROM.

	Now what's strange. I installed FreeBSD 3.1 from ftp.freebsd.org
on another PC before I got the CR-ROM and I had no problem compiling a
custom kernel.

	So can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Stefanos