Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:26:26 +0900
From:      Rob Lahaye <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        Scott Schappell <archon@silvertree.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Default route dissapears constantly

Scott Schappell wrote:
> John Straiton wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>     I'm having a doozy of a problem keeping a default route set up
>>
> This has been discussed heavily in the -stable list.  It seems the arp
> patch (incorporated into the world of 4.9, 4.8, et al) caused a loss of
> default routes on some systems. It was just mentioned that there seems
> to be an update addressing this issue.  To "fix" it, you may want to
> roll back to 4.8 and wait for the fix for the arp advisory to be placed
> into a patch and the source tree.

It looks like a fix got committed into the tree.

bms         2003/09/24 14:48:00 PDT

  FreeBSD src repository

  Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
    sys/netinet          if_ether.c
  Log:
  Fix a logic error in the check to see if arplookup() should free the route.

  Noticed by:     Mike Hogsett
  Reviewed by:    ru

  Revision   Changes    Path
  1.64.2.26  +1 -1      src/sys/netinet/if_ether.c

R.