Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 19:22:47 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Dave McCammon <davemac11@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lpd, apsfilter, kde3 not printing multiple copies

At 3:41 PM -0700 5/23/02, Dave McCammon wrote:
>FreeBSD 4.6PR
>apsfilter(from ports)7.2.2
>KDE3
>I'm trying to print to a networked HP4050.
>I can print just fine through command line or through
>KDE but I can't get multiple copies to print (just get
>single copy).

This is a problem with some models of printers.  I assume
you're using "rm=" and "rp=" to get to the printer.  Some
printers just ignore the control-file, and only print each
datafile as it arrives.  Try to add the (brand new) option
called "rc", aka "remote.resend_copies" to the entry in
the printcap file.

>Only error message in apsfilter queue log is
>"apsfilter warning: unknown option 'MY.HOST.NAME'"

I don't know about this.  I assume you don't have that in
your printcap file!  :-)