Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 18:59:18 -0700
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIC's, drivers and PCI

At 11:14 AM 9/14/98 +1200, Jonathan Chen wrote:
>On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 gummibear@we.mediaone.net wrote:
>
>> ed1.  I'm curious to see why it's not set as ed0?  Is it
>> because ed0 is for isa based cards?  How can I tweak it so that it can be
>> set on ed0?
>
>If I recall correctly, you'll have to create a custom kernel with the
>line for ed0 changed to something like
>
>	device ed? at pci?
>
>--
>Jonathan Chen

Okay, now wouldn't I need to know the port address or anything like that?
All I have been able to figure out from the device is the IRQ (which is set
at 10) and the I/O which is 6000 H according to the setup utility that came
with the NIC.

Basically, what other information would I have to put into that line?
(referring to the "device ed? at pci?"  And would I remove all entries
dealing with the "device ed0 at isa?"?

Thanks for the info!

Joey