Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:38:28 -0500
From:      "Robert H. Perry" <rperry@gti.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fax App Recommendations

Currently running FreeBSD RELEASE 5.4 and a MultiTech Voice/Data/Fax
modem for dialup internet service on a server-type machine.  I also run
another machine with 3 operating systems (FreeBSD 5.4, Suse 9.2, and
Windows XP).

My original objective was to install Hylafax on the server and share it
with the other 3 systems.

I ran into a couple of errors early on and seeked some help from the
mailing list.  Got one response suggesting I reinstall the app from source.

I don't have a lot expertise with modems and facsimiles so I'm
considering starting with something a little less complex.  Can anyone
recommend a fax app for a "newbie"?

Thnx,

Bob Perry