Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2011 00:00:24 +0000
From:      Dr Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Mark Blackman <mark@exonetric.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS on a single disk?

On 1 Mar 2011, at 23:49, Mark Blackman wrote:
>=20
> On 1 Mar 2011, at 23:27, Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:
>=20
>> Does it make sense to run zfs on a single disk?
>>=20
>> I'm setting up a FreeBSD host over at a Xen provider, with a single =
80GB disk image. Ideally I'd like to run ZFS on this system, for =
snapshot and flexible creation of filesystems and quotas. Has anyone got =
any recommendations for me in this regard? Am I crazy?
>=20
> Not crazy, I do this as well, all the time just to get the management =
capabilities and
> leave hardware RAID to manage the availability.
>=20
> - Mark

Any idea what the performance implications are? Can I get away without a =
ZIL or ARC and still get a decent performance?

Joe=