Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 08:17:18 -0400
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Printing questions for an Epson Stylus Color 880

I haven't found any docs with reference to the ppbus0 where
the printer shows up as it should in dmesg. It shows up on
lpt0 also, but not by name, just "Printer". Everything i've
found looks like older documentation. Someone told me to
just run the SETUP under apsfilter once lpd was running and
it should come right up... well, he has a different printer
than I do. Also, mine isn't directly supported (880).
Is the port supposed to be configured a certain
way in the bios? normal, epp (1.7 or 1.9?), ecp? Currently, I'm set at
EPP 1.7.
Any recent tips or docs on this would be of great help. Here's a look
at my dmesg
output, so you can see if I'm missing out on something simple:

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /NIBBLE
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <EPSON Stylus COLOR 880> PRINTER ESCPL2,BDC,D4
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0

Thanks in advance.
-Otter