Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:40:58 -0600
From:      Anthony Kim <niceshorts@yahoo.com>
To:        Mike Galvez <mrg8n@virginia.edu>
Cc:        Ron Martin <rmartin@icrsystems.net>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: remote printing

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001, Mike Galvez wrote:
> #Add printer to /etc/printcap:
>

> helga|helga HP4100:\
>         :lp=9100@192.168.10.2:\ sh:mx=0:\
>         :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
>         :if=/usr/local/libexec/lpr/hplj:\
>         :sd=/var/spool/output/helga:

That's a good start. Ron - you'll want to install a suitable
print filter (the if= line in Mike's printcap). Install something
you like from the ports tree. I personally prefer apsfilter which
does a lot of the mind-numbing trivial work for you. Run the
setup script it provides.

I believe on the 3 port model the queue name should be one of
these.

LPT1_PASSTHRU or LPT1_TEXT
LPT2_PASSTHRU or LPT2_TEXT
COM1_PASSTHRU or COM1_TEXT