Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:42:59 +1000 (EST)
From:      Damian McGuckin <damianm@esi.com.au>
To:        Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell/LSI RAID controllers

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Anyone here familiar with the various models (PERC 5i,

These are the same family as the LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 83XXxxx.

I think they use the 'mfi' driver.

> PERC 6I, SAS 6/iR) and what FBSD driver each one uses?

> All are within my price range.  I assume all can handle SATA as well as
> SAS, correct?  Is performance in the ballpark of a $500 3Ware or Areca
> card?

I would personally stick with the Areca. The newer ones of these now
handle both SAS and SATA.

- Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Broadway NSW 2007
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here !
Views and opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer