Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:43:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        supraexpress@globaleyes.net
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Have 5.2-RC2 and still getting "ACPI-1287: *** Error" messages

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 supraexpress@globaleyes.net wrote:

> As a matter of fact, I DO have the latest AMI BIOS (v1.9, 12/16/2003)
> installed for my MSI 875P Neo (MS-6758) motherboard. Any other
> suggestions?

Ah, its an MSI.  I misread the ACPI ident strings.

In that case, your only option is to install the iasl port, use its
acpidump to extract the ASL, fix the bugs, compile it with iasl back to
AML, and use loader(8) to load your fixed DSDT table on boot.  You can
_try_ appealing to MSI, but I suspect this is what comes out of the
AMIBIOS ACPI generator tool and they have no idea what the problem is.