Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:58:00 -0500
From:      "Ryan Dewalt" <rdewalt@meridianksi.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: EZ Connect SMC 802.11B Card?

(I apologize for top-posting, my Office decreed MS Outlook as our site =
wide mail client, top-posting is easiest I'm afraid.)

I've so far followed the man pages for ndis/ndiscvt.   (I will be =
sending a note to Bill Paul in regards to a possible bug I have found in =
ndiscvt.)

I was able to take the .inf and .sys files and produce the =
ndis_driver_data.h file, and copied it to /usr/src/sys/dev/if_ndis  (And =
I had to alter if_ndis.c, changing line 76 from:
#include "ndis_driver_data.h"
#include "/usr/src/sys/dev/if_ndis/ndis_driver_data.h"
to get the compile to pick up the file.

However when linking the kernel, I'm getting undefined reference errors =
to many functions.  For example, "undefined reference to =
`ndis_reset_nic'" is the first one.

Actually, while Googling for info, I stumbled across the NetBSD =
announcement, including reference to the fact that you (Warner) were =
porting the driver to FreeBSD.  I was about to e-mail you with a request =
for info.  I'm willing give it a try, if needed.