Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:57:50 +0800 (SGT)
From:      kevin <freebsd@vmuniz.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   my dhclient conf wrong or my isp's side fault?

Hi there,

I got my cable modem up and working fine, but there is a problem with
the ip (dyn2-206cable.hg.singa.pore.net), it is invalid when i try to
telnet,ftp..etc to my box. Numerical ip does work though.

[root@vmuniz /root]# telnet dyn2-206cable.hg.singa.pore.net
dyn2-206cable.hg.singa.pore.net: Unknown host
[root@vmuniz /root]#

Using isc's dhcp-2.0b1pl6 here, below is my dhclient.conf setting:

<- begin ->
       timeout 60;
       retry 60;
       reboot 10;
       select-timeout 5;
       initial-interval 2;

       interface "fxp0" {
           send host-name "vmuniz.ml.org";
           send dhcp-client-identifier 00:a0:c9:8c:3f:b5;
           send dhcp-lease-time 3600;
           request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
           domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;
           require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
           script "/etc/dhclient-script";
           media "media 10baseT/UTP";
       }
<- end ->

If you have anyidea where is wrong,pls let me know.

Thanks
kevin

- Running FreeBSD-2.2.7 -