Date:      14 Nov 1999 17:45:37 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange cvs pserver behavior

I've setup a cvs repository with password-authenticated access. Among
other things, I've created a CVSROOT/CVSROOT/passwd file that looks
like this:

csc228:$1$kkd[...]5grGZN0:csc228
dummy:$1$lh9M[...]lAur4G/:antipode

I have gotten both of the password strings by copying them from
/etc/master.passw.

The weird behavior I'm observing is as follows:

I can "cvs login" and work with the repository from a machine on my
home LAN as both "csc228", and "dummy" w/o a problem. I just set
CVSROOT=:pserver:dummy@door:/cvs, and everything is peachy.

However, when accessing the machine from the outside, I can only login
as "csc228". Cannot login as dummy!!! CVSROOT is set to
:pserver:dummy@wgaf.dyndns.org:/cvs In case it matters, the remote
machine is a Solaris workstation at school.

It seems very strange, because, as I said, I can login as "csc228"
from the same machine, and work with the repository.

,----- External connection error:
`-----
,----- Internal connection success:
| main:~$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:dummy@door:/cvs
| main:~$ cvs login
| (Logging in to dummy@door)
| CVS password:
| main:~$
`-----

Any ideas?
Thanks!
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who