Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/34710: Add CONFLICT= (like BROKEN=) to bsd.port.mk

The following reply was made to PR ports/34710; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc: Alan Eldridge <ports@geeksrus.net>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, portmgr@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:26:15 -0500

 On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 05:59:39PM -0500, Pete Fritchman wrote:
 >++ 07/02/02 16:18 -0500 - Alan Eldridge:
 >| +.elif defined(CONFLICT)
 >| +IGNORE= "conflicts with installed ports: ${CONFLICT}"
 >|  .endif
 >
 >Don't you want to do some kind of test to see if the ports listed in
 >${CONFLICT} are already installed?

 For right now, I was just setting up a message facility.

 To actually check things, we have to do something like the DEPENDS
 stuff. This leaves the checking up to the maintainer.

 And I'm seeing that our dependency handling is seriously inadequate.
 What we do at make time we need to do at pkg_add time, too. See the
 thread on ports on XPM libs and dependencies and Mesa.

 Oh yeah, the Mesa mess means that if you want OpenGL to work, you have
 to rebuild qt from the port if you have XF86-4. May (probably) have to
 rebuild all of kde too.

 And how can we get ldd to work on objprelinked .so files? That failure
 sucks!

 [alane /usr/local/lib]$ ldd libkdeprint.so.0
 libkdeprint.so.0:
 ldd: libkdeprint.so.0: Exec format error
 libkdeprint.so.0: exit status 1
 [alane /usr/local/lib]$

 --
 Alan Eldridge