Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:22:17 -0700
From:      "Daniel \"The Buce\" Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help please! (no pnp cotroller in 4.0)

Hello!
I am having some problems configuring my pnp ISA modem under 4.0 current. I
was able to configure it properly using "pnp CSN irq0 etc" in 3.4 however
the pnp command seems to have been remove. Any help with how to set this up
would be greatly appreciated.

Here is some more details from another message I sent but did not receive
any replied from:
I am having some problems getting my modem working in 4.0-RELEASE. This
modem worked fine under 3.4 after configuring it correctly with the "pnp 1
irq0 X" etc. option after booting with "boot -c" however with the
disappearance of the pnp0 controller in 4.0 this options seems to not exist.
In windows the modem appears on com2 (0x2f8 irq 3) but if sio1 or sio2 is
set to these setting the modem is not detected and I cannon communicate with
it. I have added the ID number to sio.c and rebuilt my kernel as was
suggested in the archived, but this has made no difference.

Thanks for the help,
Daniel Keller