Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:32:08 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        "Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor]" <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Cc:        Cyril Niklaus <cynik@gmx.co.uk>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: acpi and lid, temperature

--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 03:04:11PM +0100, Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocesso=
r] wrote:
>=20
> Christian> You can then assign the types 1-5 that acpiconf.8 talks about
> Christian> (sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=3DS3).
> Christian> I usually take S3 which works pretty well for me.
>=20
> acpiconf.8 talks about none of these issues on my FreeBSD-current
> build (about 2 weeks old).  Could you provide a more precise pointer
> to the documentation you're looking at or a quote?
>=20

Hi,

acpiconf.8 describes the -s switch and talks about sleep modes 1-5
that can be used.
These are the modes you can assign to e.g. hw.acpi.lid_switch_state.

It doesn't talk about the sysctl variables itself, that will have
to be added to one of the acpi manpages.

- Christian

--=20
http://www.unixpages.org			chris@unixpages.org
GPG Pub-Key    : www.unixpages.org/cbrueffer.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D
GPG Key ID     : 0xA0ED982D

--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y

--f2QGlHpHGjS2mn6Y--