Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:05:42 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stopped working : Gnucash, libicui18n.so and libmap.conf

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:19:40 +0200
Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Norberto Meijome wrote:
> > I have gnucash built against icu 3.6 . I have since then upgraded icu to 3.8,
> > but i can't upgrade gnucash until I can successfully build the newer sguile.
> > Anyway, until today, I had the following line in my libmap.conf
>
> Good choice is to take sysutils/libchk and rebuild all packages which
> have stale binaries linked with old icu.

thanks, I'll try that.

i've done that already by hand (run ldd and parsing for any reference to icu 3.6 not found), except for those that i can't upgrade because of other issues. In this case, gnucash depends on either slib-guile or guile, which are coredumping on build. v annoying, havent had a chance to look into it properly.

cheers,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in the mysterious
universe without having any purpose, which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me."
   Richard Feynman