Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:59:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Evan Sarmiento <evms@cs.bu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   laptop speaker question

Hello,
I'm in a strange predicament. My laptop has no sound device,
meaning I can not use 'mixer speaker 0:0'. My hands are quite
twitchy, meaning I cause FreeBSD to beep when I press
backspace to many times or an incorrect combonation of keys.
This upsets my classmates to the nTH degree, who are trying to
take notes.

Is there a way I could mute the speaker? There is no /dev/speaker,
and speaker is not in my kernel conf.

I would appreciate any input on this,

Thanks
Evan