Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 10:57:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        Brian Campbell <brianc@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccd / newfs error

Over the months there has been some correspondence about newfs and its
behavior when presented with the block special rather than the raw
special.  You'll need to search the archives in -current and -hackers for
newfs.  IIRC Justin Gibbs and Nate Williams may have been involved in the
discussion.

Normally I just newfs the raw special file - e.g 'newfs /dev/rccd0c' and
have had no trouble.  Can you try that and see if your problems go away?

-Chris