Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:27:46 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        eoghan <freebsd@redry.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome 2.14!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 03:46:34 -0600, eoghan <freebsd@redry.net> wrote:

> Andrew wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>  And to the Gnome maintainers: I just saw that 2.14 was released this
>> afternoon; when we will be seeing that in the ports tree? Just a
>> friendly jibe, that's all. ;-) Looking forward to playing around with a
>> new release...
>>  -Andrew
>
> Hi
> This is from the freebsd.org/gnome page:
> "1 March, 2006: The GNOME 2.14 Release Candidate is out, and ports and
> packages are ready . It looks like GNOME 2.14.0 will be out on time on
> March 15th. Now is the time to report any serious problems as well as
> submit GNOME 2.14 screenshots and splash screens."
> No sign of it yet (that i can see), but i am sure they are working hard
> to get it up there!

We already have GNOME 2.14, it won't be go in until FreeBSD 5.5/6.1 are
released because our ports tree isn't complete unfreeze. We can't do a
huge/sweep commit just yet.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2006-March/030434.html

You still can get it early from MC if you want to.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org