Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 10:42:50 +0200
From:      David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   failure installing 5.2.1: cbb0: Unsupported card type detected

Hello,

I have an old laptop, an HP XE3 OmniBook. Nice machine from an
ergonomical point of view, and I was thinking of recycling it by
installing FreeBSD.

I downloaded the ISO for 5.2.1. It starts to boot just fine, but during
the kernel load it dies with the message

	cbb0: Unsupported card type detected

I tried selecting Safe mode, but it freezes earlier with

	cbb0: [MPSAFE]

A few lines above it says

cbb0: <02Micro 026933 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 9 at device 4.0 on pci2

Is there any way to get around this? I've seen a few messages on the
subject in the archives but apparently these all involve running
systems, something I don't yet have :(

Or should I try 4.10 instead?

Thanks for the clues,
David

--
Commercial OS breeds commerce, whereas free OS breeds freedom,
the only thing more dangerous and confusing than commerce.