Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:31:33 -0700
From:      "Mik Thwaite" <mik.thwaite@dial.pipex.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   setting up mail/sendmail

I'm trying to send e-mail from my FreeBSD box. I've looked at the man pages
and through the help files for sendmail.

I'm now very confused.

I can dial in using ppp to my isp and ping my pop server and my smtp server
but have no idea what the next step to get my e-mail from the account onto
my machine is.

If anyone can offer a quick guide to how to get and send e-mail over the web
then I'd be very greatful.

I don't have static IP address from my ISP either, is this a major problem?

Thanks in advance,

Mik