Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:30:14 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why Use a Daemon as a Symbol since it alienates many?

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:40:33AM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> As another aside I'm a devout Christian and a core team member who
> grew up in a real "hick" place in southwest Virginia in the U.S.
> Do the math. :)  Granted, I don't really go out of my way to wear
> my FreeBSD T-shirt's on Wednesday nights, but I don't completely not
> go out of my way either.  I do get a few jokes about it sometimes,
> but people base their perceptions on me about what they know of my
> character, not the mascot of the OS I work on.

Besides which, anyone claiming to be a Christian should know that there
are few references to horns, a pitchfork and a pointed tail in the
Bible...  The beastie is about as pagan as Father Christmas and the
Easter Bunny.

  -Jeremy...  Who quit his job last Thursday to go to Bible college...

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/