Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2006 01:28:22 +0400
From:      "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-firefox moved to LOCALBASE so icon not found

On 8/1/06, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net> wrote:
> linux-firefox now is installed in /usr/local instead of /usr/X11R6. When
> the gnome desktop tries to access the icon for it, it fails as it is
> still looking in X11R6.
>
> I don't know if this is a port issue of a gnome one, but it's broken.

The linux-firefox.desktop has been updated to reference
the icon file at the right location, but the file itself has moved
from X11BASE to LOCALBASE.

A workaround would be to
ln -s /usr/local/share/applications/linux-firefox.desktop
/usr/X11R6/share/applications/

The problem is we're in X11BASE->LOCALBASE transition,
so it should all be settled some time soon, but there probably
will be a lot of minor issues like this one before it does.