Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:19:23 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Bill Olson" <w0ls0n@gwi.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache

Hi Bill!

On 19 Mar 02 at 13:37 you wrote:

> First, How can I make sure that my web site is not going to get the
> Code Red 2 virus or anything like that?

You've already made pretty much sure of that, by not running IIS and
Microsoft server :-) All those worms you've read about only affect IIS.
I guess it is theoretically possible to create a worm that attacks
Apache, but in practice I haven't heard of any such thing.

> Does FreeBSD come with a Virus scanner?

There are some in ports, such as /usr/ports/security/drweb and
/usr/ports/security/vscan. However, the main use of virus scanner on
Un*x machine is if you run a mail server and don't want your users
(who use POP3/IMAP programs on Windoze) to catch a virus via mail.
Viruses that are able to infect FreeBSD itself don't seem to exist.

> Second, Is there a way I can get this to come up on
> startup?

You need to create a startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, but what
exactly the script should look like, I leave for someone else to
answer.

> And lastly, Is there documentation I can read about
> Frontpage?

That seems more like a question for some Microsoft list.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Save the whales! Collect the whole set!