Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:48:05 +0530
From:      pablo@math.tifr.res.in
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pablo@math.tifr.res.in
Subject:   LILO booting FreeBSD

I have read your FAQ regarding the usage of LILO to boot Linux and
FreeBSD. The person who wrote the answer says he/she was not able to do
it. Well, that's how I boot FreeBSD in my Linux box! Very easy. It works
smoothly. Here is my /etc/lilo.conf in case it helps.

Pablo.
--------------
# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
# Start LILO global section
boot = /dev/hda
#compact        # faster, but won't work on all systems.
# delay = 5 # put prompt if you want LILO to stop instead of going to
#the first OS directly
vga = normal    # force sane state
default = linux # this is optional
# ramdisk = 0     # paranoia setting
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /boot/zImage-2.0.32
  root = /dev/hda2
  label = linux
  read-only
#image = /vmlinuz
#  root = /dev/hda2
#  label = linux-std
#  read-only # Non-UMSDOS filesystems should be mounted read-only for checking
# Linux bootable partition config ends
other = /dev/hda1
  label = windows
  table = /dev/hda