Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:07:28 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: More Postfix Woes

--On Thursday, October 18, 2007 15:42:22 -0700 Rem P Roberti
<rem@remdog.net> wrote:

> I don't know what is going on with respect to Postfix during my boot
> process, but the program starts, and stops, starts, and stops, and this
> newbie is a little perplexed.  Fortunately, it ends up started, so I
> have access to my email, but something is obviously not right here.  I
> have provided below entries from my latest maillog.  Any help is
> appreciated...

You really should google for this stuff - or join the postfix list.

> Oct 18 00:00:00 bsd newsyslog[2514]: logfile turned over
> Oct 18 02:20:02 bsd postfix/pickup[2799]: 9EBD01D119: uid=0 from=<root>
> Oct 18 02:20:02 bsd postfix/trivial-rewrite[3032]: warning: database
> /usr/local/etc/postfix/transport.db is older than source file
> /usr/local/etc/postfix/transport

Read the install docs regarding postmap or man (1) postmap

You need to run postmap to update the transport database to match the
transport source file.  Without looking at your configuration (run postconf
-n), it's hard to say, but it's probably a hash db.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst