Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:03:00 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, bde@zeta.org.au
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, nnd@nnd.itfs.nsk.su, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld -j2 problems

> * .ORDER is needed to prevent `make' from executing two copies of the rule
> * concurrently.
>
>Oh, I see.
>
> * Removing the `scanner.o: tokdefs.h' line in rev.1.13 was a mistake.
>Umm.  Well it's not me that made that change.  So what do you propose,
>revert it back?

Revert it forward ;-).

> * I think it was also mistake to override the default rule for creating
> * grammar.c from grammar.y.  The default rule creates y.tab.h as a side

>Um, so should be back it out?

Not sure about this.  The current rule works, but requires more code
(first for the rule, then for .ORDER to make it work).  Perhaps the
correct fix is to not rename y.tab.h.  Renaming y.tab.c is another
mistake.  It breaks breaks debugging (the renamed file contains line
numbers for the original).  bsd.{prog,lib}.mk probably should override
sys.mk to do this better.  It should also add the generated files to
CLEANFILES.

Bruce