Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:45:04 -0700
From:      "Jeff D. Hamann" <jeff_hamann@hamanndonald.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   swapping out hardware?

I'm replacing a tape drive (scsi) and have a couple of ide cd-rom drives on
my system. I have some scsi cd drives in another system (reader and burner)
that I would like to add/replace on the server that will be getting the new
tape drive.

can I shutdown the freebsd machine, disconnect the ide cdrom drives and
install the scsi devices and have freebsd detect the changes in the
configuration? will I manually have to go in to fstab, etc an manually
change the values?

Jeff.

Jeff D. Hamann
Hamann, Donald & Associates, Inc.