Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:03:51 +0100
From:      "Jan Catrysse" <J.Catrysse@proximedia.be>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Looking for a control utility for Intel ICH8R RAID

Dear subscribers,

I am currently running a production server:
FreeBSD 6.2 STABLE
Onboard Intel ICH8R Raid 1 with 2x SATA300 500GB HDD
Using ATA for Raid1

On Windows systems it is an absolute must to do a Raid Verification
every once and a while to maintain data consistency.

I am some what disturbed that that kind of command / tool seems not
available on FreeBSD.

Are there other methods to do the verification?
1) Maybe atacontrol detach & atacontrol addspare & atacontrol rebuild?
2) Maybe data consistency is always maintained automatically by the
driver?
3) Maybe I have to panic and urgently make backups?

Kind regards,
Jan Catrysse