Date:      Mon, 01 Sep 2003 10:38:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        neo@csh.rit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lucent Technologies Orinoco Gold

In message: <002d01c3709d$3bac7480$093d1581@rehash>
            "Michael Goffin" <neo@csh.rit.edu> writes:
: I posted a week or two ago about having issues with my Orinoco Gold wireless
: card not working in 5.1-current. It was suggested that I update the
: firmware. The firmware upgrade did not work. Has anyone had issues with this
: card in 5.1-current that they were able to resolve?

You might also want to try the owi driver.  It isn't supported, and
may disappear soon, but it was created to try to fix the lucent
support in the wi driver.  You can't have both the owi and wi drivers
in the kernel at the same time.  owi is supported only as a module.
If it doesn't work, then oh well.

Warner