Date:      02 May 2005 10:36:09 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-stable-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
To:        "Michael A. Koerber" <mak@ll.mit.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount_msdosfs /dev/fd0 causes reboot

"Michael A. Koerber" <mak@ll.mit.edu> writes:

> I'm using 5.3-RELEASE and issuing the subject command, after a few
> seconds pause, causes a reboot.  There are no /var/log/messages.  In one
> case I saw a "stray irq 9" message flash across the console.  Has anyone
> come across this problem?

The IRQ 9 is *probably* unrelated.

Although it doesn't excuse the presence of bugs in the first place,
problems with mounted filesystems affect the kernel itself, so I've
always been leery of mounting filesystems from unreliable media (like
floppies) and usually stick to using mtools.  Do you have the mtools
port installed?