Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:58:41 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: No Sound III extension

According to your output message, sbxvi0 has an irq conflict. Try
using the keyword "conflicts" (See LINT for details) in your kernel
configuration.

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Jerry
Lei wrote: > Hi,

> I finally let my FreeBSD got my sound device (SB 16 VibraC).
> The boot up message as below:
>
> sb0 at 0x220 irq5 drq 1 on isa
> snd0: <Sound Blaster 16 4.13>
> sbxvi0 at irq 5 drq 5 on isa
> sbxvi0 not attached due to irq conflicts with sb0 at 5
> sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
> snd0: < Sound Blaster MPU-401>
> opl0 at 0x388 on isa
> sna0 < Yamaha OPL3 FM >
>
> I used mixer to set my vol and pcm to 0:0. I ./MAKEDEV snd0 again and
> reconfigured the xmcd by using it's config.sh. However, I still can't get
> the sound from xmcd. Sometimes xmcd will send a long beep and reboot FreeBSD
> and sometimes just playing the cd without sound. When I config.sh xmcd, I
> use "other/non-scsi cdrom/FreeBSD ictl/no other CD-R" because my cd-rom is
> Kenwood True 42x IDE.
>
> After I turned off xmcd, I launched wmxmms. When I used wmxmms, winamp like
> mp3 program. I got the error message to ask me check below 3 items:
>
> 1. you have the correct output lugin selected
> 2. No other programs is blocking the soundcard
> 3. your sound card is configured properly
>
> A strange activity about xmcd was that my ethernet interface had lots of
> signals when launch xmcd.
>
> Now I really think it's application problem. Can any one give me a
> suggestion. Thanks.
>

> Lei
Walter Brameld

Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
Walter:    Where the hell am I?