Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 1995 15:51:36 +0800 (HKT)
From:      John Beukema <john@gateway.net.hk>
To:        Charles Kenneth Green - PRC <chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        Richard <midnight@rio.atlantic.net>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Equipment - How much is too little or too much?

we are finding a small specialized ISP can be run with the following
1. P90 w/32Mb of RAM ASUS motherboard
2. 9G of SCCI II disk 946C PCI controller
3. NetCom router card to v .35 leased line.
4. Digiboard 16/EM and 18 supra 28.8 modems (16 digi ports and com1 & com2)
5. BSD/OS 2.01 or FreeBSD 2.1

To expand we will add, in order, another P90 as a news server, more digi
extensions (to 64 ports per card) and modems, more RAM, faster pipe out,
move the digicoms and modems to a dedicated 486 box, another p90 as www
server,etc.
jbeukema