Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:26:29 +0200
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-i18n@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: State of Unicode collation support in FreeBSD?

2013/8/28 Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>:
> [crossposted to -stable and -i18n, replies directed to -stable]
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> could someone point me to infos regarding Unicode collation support in FreeBSD?
> All I could find was https://wiki.freebsd.org/KonradJankowski/Collation but
> that page has not been changed in more than two years. Looking at sources of
> -current it doesn't look like those changes made it into the source tree yet.
>
> Wolfgang

I think no one is really interested to add real UTF-8 support to
Syscons. Currently you can get UTF-8 output by using Syscons xterm
ttys (which is default) and set your appropriate locales. For input
it's currently (unfortunately) not supported.

If you use X.Org, then your fine using UTF-8.

Cheers,

--
Demelier David