Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:51:23 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>, <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Exporting phone list to a fritz router (.xml) & android phone app.

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 22:42:14 +0100 "Julian H=2E Stacey" <jhs@berklix=2Ecom> sai=

> Hi ports@ people
> Any reccomendations of ports/ that may manage phone & address booke,
> & import/export to Fritz Routers & Android phone app ?  Should I
> be using a stack of vCards format as a common intermediary to edit
> the master with vi, or some port ?
>=20
> My large phone+address book has for 20 years been vi editable in my own
> format:
> =09http://www=2Eberklix=2Ecom/~jhs/src/bsd/jhs/bin/public/phone/
> which supports lots of additional fields way beyond phone & address,
> & Makefiles export to 3 device formats:
> =09BSD ISDN i4b S0 card man(8) isdnd
> =09ports/comms/gnokii nokia etc mobiles
> =09ports/misc/estic Istec 1008 etc (PBX=3DLCO=3DTK Anlage)
>=20
> I now want to export to 2 new device formats:
> =09Fritz routers that export & import in xml format, sample appended=2E
> =09Android phone app=2E  Format unexamined yet
>=20
> I expect to lash up an export from phone=2Ec to Fritz XML,
> but probably you can reccomend some nicer standard ports &/or formats ?
> Didn't there used to be some [kde?] or similar tool in a larger package ?
>=20
> https://www=2Efreebsd=2Eorg/cgi/ports/ gives with
> "phone book"
>=20
> ports/misc/telbook=09
> =09in Perl and uses the GTK+ 2 p=09no mention of xml
>=20
> ports/deskutils/tel/
> =09Entries are stored in a simple CSV file=2E This eases import
> =09and export with common spread sheet applications like
> =09Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice=2Eorg Calc
>=20
> "address book"
>=20
> deskutils/dlume
> =09stores your contacts in XML format
> =09Export to CSV and HTML formats is also available
>=20
> deskutils/gaddr
> =09holds addresses and any other information you want to know
> =09about a person
>=20
> deskutils/py-pycarddav
> =09CardDAV CLI client
>=20
> https://en=2Ewikipedia=2Eorg/wiki/CardDAV
> =09based on WebDAV, which is based on HTTP, and it uses vCard
> =09for contact data=2E
>=20
> mail/evolution
> =09Big, databases/evolution-data-server make broke=2E
> =09pkg install worked =2E=2E=2E=2E starts with mail
>=20
> mail/horde-turba
> =09supports storing contacts in SQL, LDAP, Kolab, and IMSP
>=20
> "phone numbers"
> devel/py-phonenumbers
I guess if it were me; based on as much of your code as I examined, and
the ports mentioned above=2E I'd probably go with: deskutils/dlume
or perhaps better, cobble my own=2E
Managing the numbers, and associated info in CSV format seems like it would
be almost trivial=2E In my mind could nearly accomplish the whole matter with
awk(1)=2E
In fact, I'm currently managing a database with over 9 million records,
and extract, and format most of it with awk=2E *Super* fast, and much easier
than sed(1)=2E Which is what I was originally attempting to do it with=2E

My =2E02=C2=A2 FWIW

>=20
> Cheers,
> Julian