Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:09:30 -0600
From:      "Teilhard Knight" <teilhk@hotpost.co.uk>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ad6s1

I posted some days before I intend to install FreeBSD on the first partition
of a master disk on the secondary channel. I was lucky nobody replied The
installation fails just when the partitions are to be written.

I have noticed that the installer detects one disk as ad4 (master, primary
channel), and the other as ad6. Now, counting my IDE drives, including HDs,
I have only 5 of them. So, why the installer wants to create a root
partition where there is nothing (ad6s1)? I suppose the floppy drive doesn't
count as a IDE drive.

The error I get is: "couldn't create a new root filesystem". Could you help?

Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial

Change "privacy" for "softhome" if you want to intrude my inbox