Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2007 04:22:40 +0100
From:      Adam J Richardson <fatman.uk@gmail.com>
To:        Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Easy switch to xorg 7.2?

Richard Tobin wrote:
> I just did a 6.2-RELEASE install, only to find when I tried to install
> some packages from stable that everything has switched to Xorg 7.2.
> Can I just pkg_delete all the old xorg* packages and then pkg_add the
> new ones?  Is "pkg_add -r xorg" all I need?
>
> -- Richard

Hi Richard,

It's trickier this time. You should read the comments on Xorg in
/usr/ports/UPDATING, even if you're installing and not updating. I've
given up for the moment due to some weird problem with missing OpenGL
drivers. I'll install Xorg 7.2 [or higher?] when I upgrade to 7.0-RELEASE.

Regards,
Adam J Richardson