Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:28:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp andrsn.stanford.edu

	I think quite a few of you may have been accessing this
for copies of the handbook, FAQ, or my newuser tutorial in different
formats since Sue Blake listed it as a resource.

	I have temporarily shut it down, because it was getting
hit pretty hard by people hoping to use the exploit in some
versions of ftp to break in to my computer.  The FreeBSD version
of ftp/ftpd is not subject to this exploit, but the attempts
continue.

	I will turn it back on when interest in testing for
this vulnerability subsides.

	Meanwhile, there are a number of documents at
http://andrsn.stanford.edu/FreeBSD/ that might interest you.

	Thanks very much--

		Annelise