Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:22:06 -0700
From:      "Kendall Shaw" <queshaw@pacbell.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sendmail masquerade configuration

Hi,

I'm trying to setup email on my freebsd machine. I have two computers on a LAN. The
freebsd machine has 2 ethernet cards. I am using ipfilter for nat.

When I setup networking, I figured that I should not call myself pacbell.net, so
my hostname is unix1.orfice.org. The other station is called kendall.orfice.org. As
it is, sendmail uses unix1.orfice.org in mail headers and the mail server at pacbell
complains that the domain doesn't exist. So, I did as "the complete freebsd" says,
and added:

DMpacbell.net

to sendmail.cf and then kill -HUP to sendmail. After this there is no change at all.
So, I downloaded sendmail and

m4 ../m4/cf.m4 my.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

and then changed the Fw line to match the supplied sendmail.cf:

Fw-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw

my.mc was:

divert(-1)
#...
divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)generic-bsd4.4.mc        8.7 (Berkeley) 5/19/1998')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(pacbell.net)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

still no change. Can someone give me a hint?

Kendall