Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:50:26 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org, Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>, current@freebsd.org, Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] ACPI-CA 20070126 import

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 06:00:41PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Nate Lawson wrote:
> > Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> >> Jung-uk, good day.

> >> On my Asus A2000D laptop the ACPI patch brought one regression:
> >> the backlight control buttons are stopped to do their job. Before
> >> the patch they used to work, but with some "delay": to actually
> >> increase the brightness of the screen I used to press the "increase
> >> brightness" button once and then push five or six times any other
> >> F-button (volume up/down, mute, change VGA source or the brightness
> >> control button) to get the brightness go up. So I got the feeling
> >> of some queue that was pushed by the pressing of additional buttons.
> >> But now the brightness controls are just stopped to work.
> >=20
> > I think it's not the acpi-ca patch, it's the recent acpi_ec.c change.
> > Try it with rev 1.68 of that file.
> >=20
>=20
> Or better, try with rev 1.71 that I just committed.  Fixed a bug where
> we weren't re-enabling the GPE, which could cause exactly this issue.
>=20

After your fixes, my fn button to enable bluetooth works again. Thanks!

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--