Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:05:10 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ken <ken@carnahan.ws>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wireless and FreeBsd

On Monday, 22 July 2002 at 23:51:16 -0700, Ken wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anybody tried any of the wireless network cards with FreeBsd ?

Yes.

> I'm considering one of the Dlink wireless setups for home. I have 1
> windows box and 1 freebsd box. I'm sure the windows box would have no
> problems.

I'm sure the FreeBSD box would have no problems.  You should be aware
of configuration issues, though.  Normally if you use a base station
you're OK.  If you want to use "ad-hoc" mode, you should be aware that
there are two different definition of "ad-hoc".  There's "demo ad-hoc"
mode which has a number of restrictions, and there's IBSS mode, which
works with Microsoft.  I don't know if Microsoft has any support for
demo ad-hoc mode.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.