Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:21:37 -1000
From:      "Arthur W. Neilson III" <art@neilson.ddns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Adam Simpson <adam@click2net.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

Heh heh.  The day the FreeBSD website puts up these goofy banners is the
day I switch to Linux or something else that hasn't sold out to the
marketing dweebs.

Adam Simpson wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD:
>
> My name is Adam Simpson and I represent Click2Net.  I looked at your
> website and was impressed by its content and layout.  I would like to
> invite you into our advertising network as a host website.  We deal with
> the top advertisers (examples at the bottom of this letter) to deliver high
> quality banners to your visitors.  This service costs nothing and you do
> not need to make any  commitment to our company at any time.  We send you a
> check by mail once a month and you can check your realtime statistics 24
> hours a day.  We also offer you great statistics (visit our demo at
> http://www.click2net.com/demo/stats.html).  Please be aware that there is
> no cost involved, we pay you to place advertising on your website.
>
> I hope you will decide to join our network by visiting
> http://www.click2net.com/join.html
>
> Here are some examples of a few of our current advertisers:
> http://www.click2net.com/banners/webster2_banner4.gif
> http://www.click2net.com/banners/ban3anim.gif
> http://www.click2net.com/banners/palm3orng2.gif
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> Adam Simpson
> Click2Net Sales
> 1-905-469-6680
> adam@click2net.com

    __
   /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.
  /--/ __  /    Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
 /  (_/ (_<__   Instead of theories to suit facts.
                      -- Sherlock Holmes, "A Scandal in Bohemia"
 Arthur W. Neilson III
 Bank of Hawaii Tech support
 art@neilson.ddns.org