Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:17:43 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Marcus Henschel <mh@myfreebsd.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: vpopmail-5.3.6_1

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:17:20PM +0100, Kevin Golding wrote:
> Someone, quite probably Marcus Henschel, once wrote:
> >i just tried to install vpopmail via the vpopmail port.
> >I do not quite understand how to enable the following
> >features discribed in the Makefile:
> >- WITH_MYSQL
> >- WITH_MYSQL_SERVER
> >- WITH_MYSQL_USER
> >- WITH_MYSQL_PASSWD
> >- WITH_MYSQL_DB
> >
> >What do i have to enter on the commandline to enable these
> >features ?
> >
> >I tried make WITH_MYSQL, WITH_MYSQL_SERVER=3Dlocalhost, WITH_MYSQL_USER=
=3Dvpop,
> >WITH_MYSQL_PASSWD=3Dsecret, WITH_MYSQL_DB=3Dvpopmail
> >and it does not work.
> >Mysql ist already working and the database vpopmail is also created.
>=20
> Have you tried adding a yes after with_mysql?  Like this?
>=20
> # make WITH_MYSQL=3Dyes WITH_MYSQL_SERVER=3Dlocalhost WITH_MYSQL_USER=3Dv=
pop=20
> WITH_MYSQL_PASSWD=3Dsecret WITH_MYSQL_DB=3Dvpopmail

This is correct. On the make command line, uou have to specify either
WITH_MYSQL=3Dyes, or -DWITH_MYSQL to simply define the symbol.  Most ports
would work if the symbols (knobs) are just defined, but it is good
practice to actually set the value of the boolean variables to 'yes' -
there are some cases when a variable can take several values, and it is
best to avoid ambiguity :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--