Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:01:16 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kerberos5 on 6.1

I have FreeBSD-6.1 and it appears the default installation has a full
complement of Kerberos5.  But, /usr/src/kerberos5/README states:

    This subtree is world-exportable, as it does not contain any
    cryptographic code.

    At the time of writing, it did not even contain source code, only
    Makefiles and headers.

    Please maintain this "exportable" status quo.

    Thanks!

    MarkM
    markm@freebsd.org
    20th Sept 1997

I'm guessing the README is a bit out-of-date...

The HANDBOOK suggests more needs to be obtained from the
security/heimdal port.

I see all the libraries in /usr/lib etc., so which is it... do we have a
full install as a part of 6.1 or is the security/heimdal still needed to
bring it up to speed.

_F